Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless brp is hiding it . The commander is no more. All 2021 models are listed on brp website but no commander models .

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Might be the end of the line for the ole dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
634 Posts
The maverick trail and sport look like something Polaris would build

·
Registered
11 Posts
If that is the case... Now your new choices are something that is fast and nimble but not much cargo space, (Maverick). Or something that can haul a lot, and is good doing chores, but has the areodynamics speed and handling of a brick. (Defender). I'd still rather have the mix of both (Commander), as my use for it is a mix of both fun & work. It's a happy median at least in my case.

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing nimble about the mav trail. Our last ride we had one guy that flopped it on its doors 3 different times in one day. And everything else including the commanders walked right through the same places taking the same line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nothing nimble about the mav trail. Our last ride we had one guy that flopped it on its doors 3 different times in one day. And everything else including the commanders walked right through the same places taking the same line.
Or I should say more nimble in the way that the Mav seems to be more sport oriented handling wise than work. I guess it all comes down to preference though.

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well sounds like they didn’t know for sure if they were going to make another run. They have always been in the shops by August 1st.

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would guess if it comes back out this yr and nothing new it will be the last yr.

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And they very well maybe behind . But they have updated all info on the website to 2021 for quads, Maverik trails, Defenders and the x3. Surely they’re not behind on the commander info when everything else is updated .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can-am would be losing significant market share and revenue stream by not updating the Commader for 2021. Accessories are now limited and key features that the market is now demanding aren’t available on the Commander platform including HVAC, dust free cabs, plug and play electrical accessories... Dealers are wasting showroom floor space by carrying these outdated models.

As a Commader owner and lover, I’m ready to spend money on accessories and next generation Commander. If another year goes by with no hope for a redesigned model, I might be driving a General by the end of the year.

C’mon BRP! Let’s see what secret recipe you have been working on for the last few years! Covid may be the cause for manufacturing delays; but not website updating. I think there’s some big news coming folks!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The defender and maverick trail were September releases. The x3 was an August release. There is a market for the sport/utility niche. I don't know why brp would leave it to the wolverine x2/x4 and the General. But who knows.

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can’t count the general. Everyone that knows the machine knows it’s a farm use machine . Glover Spent 3500$ with shock therapy on new shocks and springs and still couldn’t keep the doors off the ground . And ever time it flopped it twicked the cage to point of replacement. Watched a video a while back and the owner of shock therapy even said it was a farm use machine . It wasn’t even counted in their picks for the top 5 sport utility.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Yeah. I don't have any experience with the general. I'm just saying it's marketed it as a sport/ute. I guess I left out the teryx.

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just left my can am dealer . Don’t be getting your hopes up. The dealer inventory order forms had every 2021 machine listed but no commander model was available for ordering. So unless they change their minds mid model yr. looks like the commander is now a model from the past.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts