Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had the commander now for about a month and wondering if there is any front shock up grades for these yet. Maybe comparable to the xtp model but not orange. We were out riding last night and just checking everything over and the fronts were getting hot, hot enough you couldn't leave your hand on it.

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
All shocks will do that if you ride hard enough. Jack it up off the ground in front and measure from the shock mounting bolts center to center.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All shocks will do that if you ride hard enough. Jack it up off the ground in front and measure from the shock mounting bolts center to center.
Thanks! Any recommendations on shocks? If it was getting rode hard I would expect it but it was light riding.

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
If they are moving they are creating friction . Front is lighter than rear so it works harder than rear. A lot more movement in front than the rear . Lots of shocks out there. Custom of course but if they are same length as older models a lot if good used floating around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just can't see something lasting very long that got that hot under light use. Looks like I'll just wait for the shocks to go out before addressing the problem.

Messaged FOX to see if they would have something available for this model (includding the xtp that has the fox shocks) and this is their response.....

Those would be OEM shocks. Might be available through Can Am. We do not have anything aftermarket that would work.

Thank you,

Tom Whitehead
FOX Customer Service Rep./Sales
Powered Vehicle Division

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Does no good to take to fox. Been there done that . They always point you to the dealer . You need to measure the shocks that are on there center eye to eye . As for the heat those fronts will probably out last the rears.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've had the commander now for about a month and wondering if there is any front shock up grades for these yet. Maybe comparable to the xtp model but not orange. We were out riding last night and just checking everything over and the fronts were getting hot, hot enough you couldn't leave your hand on it.
I have heard Shock Therapy does wonders with a nice ride and great rough terrain handling. Also they don't have spring sag like factory springs. Sometimes you loose a couple inches of ground clearance pretty fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts