Can-Am Commander Forum banner

2021 Commander being announced later this month

17K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  Rockit401 
#1 ·
Disregard this post if it's already been mentioned.

I heard today from a fella that works at BRP they are announcing a new Commander model on September 10th. No details other than it will be a totally new model.

#39 ·
Max wheel base will be cool for the steep inclines for sure and maybe I can lose my reputation in the Commander community. In the meantime, I love the Commander platform. My Commander owes me nothing, she’s been a good girl and thank you all here for helping me keep her on the trail. I won’t hesitate to buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#41 · (Edited)
It's a Maverick Sport with a dump box and since the Maverick has a 50" trail version the body can't be any wider than that. The General and new RMAX have no trail versions so they have wider, roomier interiors where two big guys won't end up rubbing shoulders. Can Am advertises the new Commander as 64" machines but they are only that wide at the wheels. At least the dump box is big, and has some innovative features like the box side storage and box extender. The new Commanders are really expensive and will be cost prohibitive for entry level buyers. They should keep selling the original Commander as an entry level model and call it the Commander Classic, like Ram did. They still sell both styles even though the new one came out in 2019.
SXSBlog talk about how small it is inside compared to the General in this video starting around 21:30.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.