Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
Nothing they were supposed to unveil the 2021 commander on the 10th. Nothing but crickets .

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Can am still only has a 2020 commander listed on there website in the US.

I saw a Facebook post not to long ago from someone that had messaged can and and got a response back that said late this month I though something exciting was coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
There was another thread on here with pictures of the new model, just from the back, that seems to have disappeared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been all over this since last spring when I couldn't get my hands on a new 2020.
My last correspondence in June from BRB said Aug-Sept time frame (which we are rapidly exiting).
Two weeks ago I spoke with my friendly neighborhood dealership and he expects a social media rollout in early October and to have Commanders in the showroom shortly thereafter.
But..... I only know what I'm being told. And my patience is wearing thin 😁

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
I've been all over this since last spring when I couldn't get my hands on a new 2020.
My last correspondence in June from BRB said Aug-Sept time frame (which we are rapidly exiting).
Two weeks ago I spoke with my friendly neighborhood dealership and he expects a social media rollout in early October and to have Commanders in the showroom shortly thereafter.
But..... I only know what I'm being told. And my patience is wearing thin 😁
[/QUOTE
Welcome to the forum. I use my Commander mostly utilitarian. Hunting and that kind of thing but like to go faster and have some fun too the rest of the year. I love my dump bed and my Commander but IMHO, BRP missed the boat this year in time for a new machine for hunting. Sadly I think the commanders days are numbered if at all.

·
Registered
2012 Commander Ltd
1 Posts
Well. Clearly a redesigned commander. Definitely has a lot of Po General futures. No dual box, probably means engine is underneath. Looks like some kind of lock accessory system around the bed. Half doors that look like they come stock. Looks like a lowered roof in the front. And that definitely looks like a-arms in the back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is fantastic news!
Did anyone catch the October 1st Virutal Launch event? Was there anything mentioned about it?

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Yup a trail with a dump bed

Reactions: Boogerhead

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Love the dump bed!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
For the last couple of years I’ve said basically that it would be a wider trail with a dump bed and the engine in the back. I mean how else were they gonna make a sport/ute?

·
Super Moderator
25,830 Posts
For the last couple of years I’ve said basically that it would be a wider trail with a dump bed and the engine in the back. I mean how else were they gonna make a sport/ute?
We were wanting engine in rear in 2014 . But they decided to bring out 4 other models before updating their bread and butter. So I guess we will see how it goes. Just hope the suspension is better being they added another 5 hp.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
222 Posts
To me personally this was a big let down. The x3s i didn't care for either, and they slowly grew on me and then I bought one, but the trails I've not cared a drop for since debut....they look like something polaris built....I'll keep my og commander lol

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
We were wanting engine in rear in 2014 . But they decided to bring out 4 other models before updating their bread and butter. So I guess we will see how it goes. Just hope the suspension is better being they added another 5 hp.
I love my Commander for the type of riding I do. While I’ve been labeled as the in Moab, I love Stinger. I’m going to keep Stinger for hunting and plowing. I’m going to get a four seater Commander for Moab and having fun. #IlovemyMander!

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Max wheel base will be cool for the steep inclines for sure and maybe I can lose my reputation in the Commander community. In the meantime, I love the Commander platform. My Commander owes me nothing, she’s been a good girl and thank you all here for helping me keep her on the trail. I won’t hesitate to buy another one.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts