Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disregard this post if it's already been mentioned.

I heard today from a fella that works at BRP they are announcing a new Commander model on September 10th. No details other than it will be a totally new model.

·
Super Moderator
25,308 Posts
Well there’s a unveiling coming up . But was at my dealer Friday . And their products order form have everything but the commander on it. So curiously see what they unveil.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm thinking this may be the machine for me. I'll be waiting for the price to settle and hear some real world reports. You've been able to get new 2 seat talons around here in the $15K range. I almost sold my commander and honda foreman to buy one but I really want a dump bed. I'll wait to see about the new commander too, if it exists. But I think that as a general rule that the japanese, american built machines are going to be more reliable.

·
Super Moderator
25,308 Posts
Yeah once they get the Bugs out of the new models . Honda still having trans issues kaw still having clutch issues . So this new 1000 cc 2cyl in yam. Just curious to see what other issues it causes with there trans and clutches . Never buy first yr model .

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Ha
Yeah once they get the Bugs out of the new models . Honda still having trans issues kaw still having clutch issues . So this new 1000 cc 2cyl in yam. Just curious to see what other issues it causes with there trans and clutches . Never buy first yr model .
What kind of clutch issues is the krx 1000 having?

I really love yamaha's ultramatic compared to the grab and go systems that can am and polaris use. I don't know what sort of system the kawi uses. I'm anxious to see if yamaha has beefed it up enough to take the 108 hp of the new 1000.

·
Super Moderator
25,308 Posts
Kaw using wet clutch constant pressure cvt sane as the old rhino so I have been told . Jamie’s has a fix for the kaw.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Lol! Didn’t you have a first year model?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Oh yeah I guess yours is a 12 isn’t it. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
73 mph is pretty darn good in the Rmax 1000 and it got there pretty fast too. The more I see of this machine the more impressed I am. I REALLY hope Can Am has something comparable to the Commander to replace it with. It's a really good mix of utility and sportiness.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I love Yamaha’s cvt system. It’s golf cart smoothe. Assuming they’ve properly beefed up their ultramatic to take the 108hp of that rmax 1000, it should be great to drive. No jumpy belt engagement like can am or popo.

·
Registered
12,811 Posts

Maybe this is the new mander
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts