Can-Am Commander Forum banner

2020 Max Limited differential smell

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dezert_Ryder 
#1 ·
My new 2020 Commander Max 1000 Limited has smelled since the first time I took it out. It had what smelled to me was similar to propane. Then it started to smell like axle grease right after I had the first service completed by the dealer (glorified oil change). My GF googled and discovered an issue with the differential venting that at high speeds it gets woorse. So I went searching and sure enough, the front differential vents up into what looks like an air intake, maybe the clutch intake? I looked at the rear differential vent hose and found it meets up with the gas tank vent line and it too looks like it vents into an air intake at the back next to the clutch housing. Is Can-Am venting these gases into the clutch housing? Sure makes the cockpit stink. I re-routed the front diff hose down to the bottom of the frame temporarily and went for a ride, much better but I still need to vent all the way to the rear of the cockpit. Anyone else having this issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.