Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When I did portals, it came with stretched arms, it kept pulling them out of the rear dif every time I would get in any bind, had some longer ones made, and haven't had an issues since.
Im kinda new to this what do you mean by portals

·
Super Moderator
25,325 Posts
Only people that run them are trailer queens mall crawlers and hard core mud guys. And they require extremely deep pockets .

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Ouch lol, I was jst stating that I have stretched arms with my portals, and that did require a longer length custom axle to keep em in the rear dif, as the others had mentioned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I use to have a toyota rock crawler, but I pretty much just want to go up the hills and have the clearance to do somewhat of the stuff Idone with it. so am i expecting to much out of the commander?

·
Super Moderator
25,325 Posts
No not at all just gotta set it up for what you want to ride . I never ran a lift or anything bigger than 27” on my commander . Other than deep rutted mud holes it took me everywhere I wanted it to go. If you don’t sit the belly on the ground it won’t stop moving forward.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I've had og mavs, I jst sold my x3, the commander is the lowest to the ground, and required the most lift to clear a tire out of all of them, but if you don't mind throwing a few dollars and a lil bit of wrenching, the commander will treat you right jmo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I’m going to buy the rt lift today but this is only things worry’s me but I believe I can tie it up and maybe place an extra peace of rubber under it so it doesn’t rub.

·
Super Moderator
25,325 Posts
Must be something new going on. Have done several of the rt lifts never had one rub anywhere . What yr is that ?

·
Super Moderator
25,325 Posts
When you put the lift on the new mount will be straight out from the factory shock bolt hole . Don’t think It will be anywhere near the radiator hose if that’s what you are worried about .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
When you put the lift on the new mount will be straight out from the factory shock bolt hole . Don’t think It will be anywhere near the radiator hose if that’s what you are worried about .
It’s a 2020. It’s in the same place the air intake hose is on the passenger side

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I've had og mavs, I jst sold my x3, the commander is the lowest to the ground, and required the most lift to clear a tire out of all of them, but if you don't mind throwing a few dollars and a lil bit of wrenching, the commander will treat you right jmo
I dont mind to spend the money I just dont want to spend money on stuff I wont be using later in the build

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Clutches are money well spent, and a rt bracket lift is well spent, and can always be utilized along the way.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts