Can-Am Commander Forum banner

2019 commander max check engine light

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  acefire 
#1 ·
My commanders check engine light just came on and stayed on. Also I all of a sudden have no headlights. Nothing else seems to be wrong. No loss of power. Any advice? Thank u

#10 ·
So from everything I’m reading, the check engine that I’m having is possibly from a fuse or relay and it only makes the engine light come on when the engine is running and I can’t pull the code because that can only be done when the engine is not running. Which the engine light never is on when it is not started and running. The can am is only 1 year old and only run on the ranch with kids. Not worked hard at all. I took it to the Oregon dunes once last December. I change the filters and oil regularly. Thank u all.

#11 ·
Yeah dealer is the only one that can pull inactive codes. If light comes on at any time a code is stored. But if light goes out when key is off the problem has fixed it’s self until you start it back up then light comes back on . We can only pull active codes. That’s a problem that is read with it on or running . And once you fix the problem the light will go off without and help from a computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.