Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 commander 1000r
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 commander 1000r dps..and I'm wondering if I can upgrade my gauge cluster to the xt model..I've heard of people doing it on the older models

·
Registered
2019 commander 1000r
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is good to hear because 2 different dealers told me I would have to change the wiring harness and 2 other dealers said they didn't know and 1 dealer told me that it would work...so I wasn't real confident lol ..thanks for the info

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
Many have done it on this forum . If you start it up and unplug the one that on and plights the other one in only part of the cluster works . But once you shut it off it won’t start back up cause the ecm reads that it new or from another commander . So it just needs married to the ecm. But I would take it to the dealer that said it can be done . Cause obviously they have already figured out how to do it. The others not smart enough .

·
Registered
2019 commander 1000r
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many have done it on this forum . If you start it up and unplug the one that on and plights the other one in only part of the cluster works . But once you shut it off it won’t start back up cause the ecm reads that it new or from another commander . So it just needs married to the ecm. But I would take it to the dealer that said it can be done . Cause obviously they have already figured out how to do it. The others not smart enough .

·
Registered
2019 commander 1000r
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I can't wait to upgrade..the one that's on mine is smaller than the one that was on my Outlander and doesn't have engine temp ..not to mention the looks ..already ordered the steering wheel

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
Cool I wish my gade had the bigger gauge . But I’m kind used to it now. I just miss having a tach .

·
Registered
2019 commander 1000r
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool I wish my gade had the bigger gauge . But I’m kind used to it now. I just miss having a tach .
I gotta say if I had a do over I would have paid the extra and got the xt model..I was trying to save a little..but since the purchase I bought a roof ,mudguards ,stereo ,wheels ,tires steering wheel, and now gage cluster...I did at least make my own snorkels lol

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
Yeah it’s cheaper to build of the base than to buy with all the factory accessories.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 commander 800r dps, has the small gauge cluster and am interested in replacing it with the xt gauge cluster. my question is, is the part number of the xt gauge 710005653, and if so does that part number come with the mount bracket, hardware needed and cover? also, i assume the connectors are identical correct? i have been looking at alot of the forums, but most of them are several years old when it comes to this subject and there seems to be different part numbers for those gauge clusters. maybe they would all work? thanks in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts