Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2018 Commander 800 with a super ATV shock lift I think its 2.5" I have a set of 34" tall tires with 17" wheels I want to put on it. Anyone gone this big with out going all out on the lift kit? Pictures?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well welcome to the forum from NY. And where did you find 17” wheels? I would think they’ll fit. I’m sure someone will pop in here with more knowledge on the subject.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
If you just have the superatv bracket lift, I think it will rub, at least the rears. You probably need extended trailing arms. Not sure tho

·
Vendor
366 Posts
So I have a 2018 Commander 800 with a super ATV shock lift I think its 2.5" I have a set of 34" tall tires with 17" wheels I want to put on it. Anyone gone this big with out going all out on the lift kit? Pictures?

If you add the front and rear offset arms you should be good to go. We rate the 2.5" lift along with front and rear arms for a maximum tire size of 33", but that's a super conservative number for a tire that measures dead on under the weight of the machine andwill absolutely notrub at full turn and full compression. I think you'll be ok with the lift, and F &R arms on 34"s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The issue that we are running into is we run tracks in the winter, and the extended arms from what we are seeing are not compatible with the tracks ( we would love to run extended a arms if we could ).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If you add the front and rear offset arms you should be good to go. We rate the 2.5" lift along with front and rear arms for a maximum tire size of 33", but that's a super conservative number for a tire that measures dead on under the weight of the machine andwill absolutely notrub at full turn and full compression. I think you'll be ok with the lift, and F &R arms on 34"s.

Without A-Arms and just your 2.5" lift can we fit a 32" tall tire?

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's well documented that the largest you can fit on stock rear arms Is 30".

You can extend the rear trailing arms about 2inch if you cut and re-weld without putting the axle in to much of a bind. Buy extended trailing arms or but a whole lift to put anything large than 30.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
And the clutching will be out to lunch without many kits built up for the 800's you'll be testing for yourself or putting some big $$ into aftermarket. just sayin! I love big tires too but not worth the headache imo..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Running 32x10x17s with a 2" puck and a 2" trailing arm stretch. You'd need more for 34s. Also I have a QSC primary and STM secondary clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have all the components from SuperATV from the lift, to extended rear arms and front HC arms and my 32s bkt's rub. I don't believe 33 will fit without rubbing issues. Based on what I have seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts