Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2018 1000 xt. Noticed it is a little jerky when starting out and smooths out once you get up to about 3 or 4 mph. Is this normal or something I need to address. Machine has 2 inches of lift and 30” tires if that makes a difference. I replaced the belt but that didn’t help. only has 1100 miles.

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Typically the jerk is do to smoked belt. You put a new one on so unless you already smoked it and flat spotted the belt then I would guess primary or secondary is warped. Lift not a issue 30" rubber with a stock oem clutch that's not going to last long and will eat belts left and right. Oem clutch doesn't have enough low end gear ratio to take off slow unless in low range. And really still shouldn't be taking off slow. You need to hammer down from idle to 2000 rpm then back out of the throttle to you slow speed cruising. Do not waste time going from idle to 2000 rpm. And unless running high speed you should never be in high range unless you are going to be running over 25 mph. So if in woods low range is pretty much your only option to make the belts last.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts