Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a 2016 commander ltd, i use it for hunting and off road. I find it great but it could be a bit higher, It gets stuck in ruts easily. I have the factory air shocks in it. Are these compatible with a bracket lift if I disable them in the lowest setting once the brackets are installed? Im based in NZ and the local cam am dealer has no knowledge on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Lots of threads on this subject. The rt pro lift only uses what’s available with out binding the cv joints . The shocks are your limit straps. If you put the rear brackets on first and you have to push down on the arm to get the shock bolt in. Then the axles are two short . Two ways to fix the issue . You can buy axles for a maverick xc / xxc which are 1/2” ish longer than the commander or you can get axle stenders which is a washer more or less that goes between the outer cv and the bearing. Which moves the cup in so the axle gains that 1/4” in movement. Sense 2014 we have probably only seen 1 out of 40 machines that need the longer axles or stenders . The frames were built in two separate locations. So they are slight differences from one factory to the next. We had say issues with the aftermarket doors in the beginning. You could buy some pro armor doors in 2011 to 2014 and they would fit on a x model with no issue. But would take a good bit of modification to bolt that same door on a xt model. If all that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Lol I would say just give me a call I could explain it all better and faster . But I see you are a very long long ways from the US. That probably wouldn’t be a cheap call. Glad you are doing your research first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts