Can-Am Commander Forum banner

2016 can am commander max 1000 bevel gear

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  jjayres89! 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 can am commander max 1000. The bevel gear let go in the transmission. Anyone know where I can find a replacement ? Even a used one is fine.

See less See more
#8 ·
Let me be serious for a moment. Even if the runs of gearboxes that Mrrpm sells now are quality parts with properly spec'd and heat treated internals, their box is not a 100% clone of the can am box. Aside from the internals letting go inside of the one I wasted hard earned money only and only drove very conservatively before it let go within a very small number of miles after install, there are a number of other issues with it. Here are some: 1) both the rear seal and the countershaft seal are subpar - both leaked immediately, 2) there was some difference where the 4wd actuator bolted (I had to get different length bolts), 3) the counter shaft extended a slightly different length from the box, which caused the secondary sheave to slightly run the belt into the inner pulley of the primary sheave causing the secondary to keep spinning in neutral, which effects gear shifting, 4) the distance ring on the countershaft is "glued" in instead of just sliding in with an o-ring seal.

That being said, I may still have that box and therefore likely do have the bevel gear set from the box.

#9 · (Edited)
Let me be serious for a moment. Even if the runs of gearboxes that Mrrpm sells now are quality parts with properly spec'd and heat treated internals, their box is not a 100% clone of the can am box. Aside from the internals letting go inside of the one I wasted hard earned money only and only drove very conservatively before it let go within a very small number of miles after install, there are a number of other issues with it. Here are some: 1) both the rear seal and the countershaft seal are subpar - both leaked immediately, 2) there was some difference where the 4wd actuator bolted (I had to get different length bolts), 3) the counter shaft extended a slightly different length from the box, which caused the secondary sheave to slightly run the belt into the inner pulley of the primary sheave causing the secondary to keep spinning in neutral, which effects gear shifting, 4) the distance ring on the countershaft is "glued" in instead of just sliding in with an o-ring seal.

That being said, I may still have that box and therefore likely do have the bevel gear set from the box.

If it happens to be in good shape I would gladly buy it from you. Let me know whenever you have a chance to look at it. No rush as I'm just trying to rebuild it for a spare. I'm located on the spacecoast of Florida. Thanks !

#14 ·
Thanks cannedham! Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone but I kind of thought so too seeing as how it's a part you cannot buy, that without (if yours goes out) you have a $13,000 piece of yard art that doesn't move.. The alternative would be to spend 3 to 5 times that much on an entire assembly.. Maybe the OEM folks who only sell the entire assembly should be sent UPfreebird's meme.. seems to me they're the ones kicking us in the balls.. :LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.