Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's fine until it's been running out for a while, then any time I turn left or right seems to 'die'--feels like someone turning key off/back on...not as symptomatic when going in a straight line.

only dies for a second, doesn't stall.
happens in hi, low, and 2 and 4 wheel drive

thinking-

temp sensor
fuel pump
press reg
main relay?

thoughts, please/tnx...

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I think you're on the right track. I would check the fuel pressure first. Have a look at the exhaust screen too. It's rare but we did have a guy with a bad coil or two a couple of years ago. Never hurts to change the spark plugs on these machines. . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're on the right track. I would check the fuel pressure first. Have a look at the exhaust screen too. It's rare but we did have a guy with a bad coil or two a couple of years ago. Never hurts to change the spark plugs on these machines. . .
yep, cleaned that out also

could it need plugs already??

~should mention machine has 600 mi +/-

it's strange as it only happen when 'hot'; got a temp sensor coming too at this point (along w/fuel pump,press regulator)

Hate to take the 'shotgun' approach

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I just wondered about the steering since you mentioned the problem seems to occur when turning. Like maybe a momentary voltage drop. Any battery issues? Here's a snippet from the book on the steering.
Font Number Document Screenshot

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wondered about the steering since you mentioned the problem seems to occur when turning. Like maybe a momentary voltage drop. Any battery issues? Here's a snippet from the book on the steering.
View attachment 67653
another good thought; thanks!

battery was 'said' to be new; I'll load test

I do have dps at max, but there was no slow speed operation...I'll dial it to minimum and road test again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
battery good
dps set to min
changed temp sensor

still happening; after about 2 hours riding.

I opened fuel tank and there was a huge vacuum; now wondering about vents before I install new fuel pump/press reg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's info on the vent. When you opened the cap, did the problem stop?
View attachment 67667
well tbh, I cracked the cap, heard the 'whoosh', but was done riding...so it didn't dawn on me until parked.

Going to run it again and do exactly that-- when it starts 'starving/cutting out' I'll open cap and see...

Have a pump & reg on hand, but hopefully it's a vent issue...tnx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts