Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member. I bought my XT1000 Commander last summer it is a 2015 and had like 5,880 miles on it. I have kept blowing belts and doing research. I now bought a clutch kit (primary & Secondary) from Adam at Airdam. I can't wait to get it in and rolling again. Unfortunately i cannot get the secondary bolt out. It has two nuts on the end of it (17mm) and my clutch came off with some difficulty as the exhaust pipe was in way as the bolt did not come all the way off and is sticking out 4.5 inches....the nuts came off but now how the heck do i get the dang bolt out so i can put new kit in? I put a washer inbetween the two bolts and just turn left on the inside nut and have the XT in reverse gear...but it still moves...not the bolt but it turns everything. I attached a picture of it.

Thank you in advance! I hope i don't have to end up bring it to a mechanic (all my money went to Airdam). I hope someone here has knowledge or experience with this same propblem. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,013 Posts
Use heat on the bolt not the shaft start heating about one inch back from the shaft . They normally have loctite on them the heat will liquefy the loctite.

·
Registered
12,542 Posts
I would wrap sand paper on the shaft and then put a visegrip over the sand paper to help hold the input shaft once your ready to try to remove the stud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts