Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start I would start a thread on the issue I am having since I saw similar from 2015 with no solution.

After a nice 2 hour ride up in the hills which was bumpy with lots of rocks and vibration, when we came down the final hill my commander went into limp mode and bogged down. I could turn it over no issue, but it would not start. I checked all the fuses and found the 7.5amp fuel injector blown.

I put a new one in and it ran for about 5 minutes and then just blew again. At that point, I put in a 10 amp fuse (all I had) and it sparked (had key on) and blew right away. Tried moving wires behind fuse box and everywhere I could get my hands and no luck. Let it cool down 10 minutes and the new fuse worked for about 10 minutes and then down hill from there...

I took the unit apart to get to the engine when I got home and can not find any bare wires anywhere for a short, so I am lost at this point as to why it would keep blowing. Of course when I got it home, now it is running and I can not duplicate since taking off all the panels.

Anyone else ever see this and have a solution? Thanks Jim

·
Registered
762 Posts
That fuse also powers the ignition coil and the vehicle speed sensor. So you might check wiring to those.

·
Registered
12,783 Posts
I think I had damaged my speed sensor onetime and it blew that fuse . Try moving the wire on the speed sensor and see if the fuse will pop . Have the key on so the system is powered up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting the first time was opened the tunnel area and flicked the speed sensor grey adapter, the fuse blew! Changed the fuse and ever since then I can not reproduce. I have tried every wire in the area looking for a frayed wire, move the wires every directions while standing still and the unit moving. No luck. For the last two rides no issues.

Going nuts or must be something inside the speed sensor (working perfect), injectors, or coil that is getting too hot and cause ground is all I can think of?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts