Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have issues with there commander wondering all over the place. I get up to about 40 and its hard to hang on to. I have replaced the rack and pinion and set the toe to 0. I have also changed the passenger side wheel bearings front and back. The issue is same the before and after the rack and pinon change. All bushings are new as well. The machine has wheel spacers on the front and not back. But I doubt that would make any change in steering,but could be wrong... Not sure what else to check or replace?? Any help be awesome! Yes im a newbie to owning a can am commander. thought i got a deal on it now i see why lol

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Need to toe the alignment in. When they are toe is set outward they road walk at high speed . Bad part they set them out at the factory to slow you down . And if you try to correct the walking it actually gets worse .

·
Super Moderator
23,714 Posts
Set toe to 1/8” in on both sides. 1/4” total and see if it gets better. Also check the alignment on rear to see how far it’s out. If it’s out it will cause rear steer especially bad on hard pack .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts