Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and to sxs. I recently bought a commander xt 1000 that I'm planning on putting a few mods on. I ve read some of the different post on clutches but I was wondering about lifts and tires. How much lift would I need to clear 33-35" tires and what lift would be recommended? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,443 Posts
Portals only way you are going to run 33 to 35” rubber with decent power. Catvo says their 4” lift will clear 35”. But with 35” going to take more than a just a aftermarket clutch. You will also need a torq locker or a halo for the front diff. Factory visco won’t last long trying to lock 35” rubber .

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
Ace is bang on
Clutch , portals and front diff help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
316 Posts
Yep, portals for sure.
  • 4" portals + 1.5" forward arms + 2.5" lift will clear up to a 36".
  • 6" portals + 1.5" forward arms (no bracket lift) will also clear up to a 36".

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Yep, portals for sure.
  • 4" portals + 1.5" forward arms + 2.5" lift will clear up to a 36".
  • 6" portals + 1.5" forward arms (no bracket lift) will also clear up to a 36".
I’m interested in this too. Please send 4” kit for some real world testing and feedback. Thanks in advance. Boogerhead.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It’s not testing if they get out on the parts shelf !!
Read this 3 or 4 times now I think I understand

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be checking on some portals. I will probably just run 33s with portals for a while and possibly add more lift later on if I decide to go with bigger tires. I'm in the process of building engine for it right now. Thanks for all the help and I really like this forum there is alot of helpful information.

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
Do a primary clutch also as it will give belt bite to get the 33” tires spinning when in the thick stuff .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do a primary clutch also as it will give belt bite to get the 33” tires spinning when in the thick stuff .

Will

What primary would you recommend? I do alot of riding in thick mud.

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
Buy a Rage3 from Russel Coker . I believe his company is called 3P
What makes that primary better than my turbo primary is how the placement of the wright pin is in comparison with the rollers . The way it is made it can generate more belt grip than my turbo primary.
If you tell him about what you will be running for tires , portals etc. He can have it preset for you . The guy can fix you up .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts