Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2014 commander 1000 and when I turn the key on, it will cycle the fuel pump but when I push the start button it will only click and not crank over. I have plenty of power to run my accessories and j even had a booster hooked up incase it was the battery and the solenoid still just clicks. Any thoughts?

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Need to make sure power is going through the solenoid. If it is then make sure the power is making it to the start. If it is pull starter hold it against the motor and hit the start button and see if it actually turns over . Or take start to auto part store have then test it if they can. If starter turns over . Then you have one of two issues . Not enough battery to turn it over or motor is locked up. Have you pulled clutch cover and tried rolling motor over by hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Administrator
27,847 Posts
Take battery and have it load tested. Battery may still be showing voltage but shorted out inside and can’t carry a load. Always start with the easiest solution first. Auto part stores don’t charge to test batteries. If you have a charger pull battery charge it for several hrs then have it load tested. If battery is just low it will test bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like an issue I had with my 2014. As silly as this may sound, press down on the brake when you press the starter button. That overrides the shift position sensor. Your Commander may think it's in gear if the position sensor goes bad or gets water in it. Happened to me twice. Stepping on the brake works!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts