Can-Am Commander Forum banner

2014 Can-am Commander xt homemade roof

20K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  PAYNE5757 
#1 ·
This is the roof I made for my new commander xt Fits like a glove, way better than spending 600 bucks on a factory one, and i believe it looks way better. I made it out of .080 alum and i painted it with that plasti dip flat black. and it layed down very well!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Nice job. looks just like my emp I wish I could have built one like that.

#12 ·
Looks Great! I also have a 2014 XT and this is inspiring me to build my own as well. If you had it to do over again, would you make any tweaks to your plan? Such as angles or locations of bends?

Also, what is the green line and the 46 1/2" dimension at the rear? I couldn't figure that out.

Thanks

#13 ·
Id deff reconmend to not cut the back corners untill u have it on ur buggy and have it put right where u want, then mark them and cut them with a grinder. Thats what i did and im glad i did, cause it matched up perfect. As for if I would change anything. I dont think so. I didnt put the two bends in the front of mine like I had it drew up. I put it in a set of rolls and rolled it alittle witch made it look better I think. As for the green line that is just a demention line. Showing how the roof tapers it is wider in the front rear than it is in the front. If u have any questions feel free to hit me up

#16 ·
like I told another guy, I would just double check it befor u made ur bends and i would mount the roof on befor u cut the angles peices off the back, cause depending on how well ur bends come out that can move the back alittle. Alot easier to just mount it, and mark it, then cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.