Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cammander 800 and it runs fine starts right up I can drive it around fine but when I come to a stop or go slow the temp guage goes up and overheats I’ve checked the thermostat an seem to be fine

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
If thermostat is working radiator is plugged up. And probably got air in the system from the previous over heating. Take the two bolts out of the bottom of the shroud spread it open and wash bottom of radiator out again good . The shroud catches mud and dirt and stops it from getting out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If thermostat is working radiator is plugged up. And probably got air in the system from the previous over heating. Take the two bolts out of the bottom of the shroud spread it open and wash bottom of radiator out again good . The shroud catches mud and dirt and stops it from getting out.
I’ll try that
I’ll try that I sprayed the radiator out good and it helped some what is a good type of antifreeze to use

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
These machines are finicky. If the bottom 3 rows on the radiator get restricted they over heat. I alway ran autozone brand cause I could by it in quart jugs.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I’m not saying do this, but I pull my radiator out and give it a phenomenal cleaning when needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I got it fixed where it idles fine but after driving for awhile it stays at around 4 bars but the fan just stops and it overheats but works when it first hits 4 bars

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
Either relay or the fan is actually bad . Unplug the temp sensor while it’s cold start it up and see how long the fan runs .

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
Won’t do any good if the fan is going out. If you unhook the sensor and runs for a little while and shuts off only thing it can be is relay or the fan .

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
The ecm automatically turns fan on if it loses signal from the sensor as a fall safe .

·
Super Moderator
24,888 Posts
Check the power at the plug to see if you are losing power . If it’s not losing power replace the fan .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts