Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has the dimension drawing of the 2013 commander steering brace that Holtz racing used to make? Ace has a photo copy he sent me, but I am looking for the exact dimensions. I'm going to have it water jet cut and was just looking for a drawing with dimensions to use so I can enter the info into the cutting program. Thank you. I know it is on this forum and have spent a good while looking for it....

·
Registered
8,058 Posts

If you manipulate this on your computer to these measurements, it will work. I can scan it to you if needed. Please note: The holes in this picture are on center but the holes are to big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
And depending on the printer it may come through true to size. Not everyone had a issue with the size. And it cuts inside the lines not on or outside . Holes are centered just need drilled to 8mm or 5/16".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got it printed and cut out. It looks real good for size when I put it up in the frame. I was just wondering if a drawing existed with all the actual dimensions (hole to hole, etc,). I'm can draw it on my computer and have the file exported to the jet to have it cut out. Just wanted it to be exact. I really appreciate your help with it.

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
If yours is apart make a template that matches your frame mount. Then you will have the exact measurements you are looking for. Don't ever remember seeing the exact measurements being posted. Everyone that printed it just trimmed the outside edges till it fit between the frame posts. Holes have never been off center that I can recall. They have just been drilled to 3/8" instead of 5/16". A couple of times. Guess I should have had a bunch if them made when I done the template. But it only fits 11-14. 15 everything changed to went from a 5 bolt rack to a 4 bolt rack ad doubled the thickness of the mount from the factory. So there was no need for the brace after 14.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do. The frame already has a little bend to it on the drivers side so if I could find a drawing I was going to use it. I'll work on the template from my frame. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
If you frame mount plate is bent already best thing to do it fit the brace exact to the sides and bolt brace to the mount plate and weld the brace in on the sides.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
When we mounted mine, my buddy the welder because I’m not, added a couple of gussets too. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts