Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the rear diff needs a new ring and pinion but the pinion is 'unavailable'... where are you guys getting ring and pinions from?
I have a 2013 1000 'X' model
Thank you

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
They don't make the 13 diff anymore. 13 was last yr for it. The 16 to 20 diff is the replacement. You can get the new diff from dealer for less than 700. To do complete rebuild on the 13 diff your looking at 450$. If you need a Pinon you need a ring gear. Guessing being They had so many issues with them they have sold all their stock of the older pinion gears . So it's now obsolete and ring will be also once they sale out.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
16 up us helical cut 11/13 are straight cut. 14 and 15 are helical but 15 won't fit and with the 14 you have to change the top frame section to a 14 frame. Not sure what can am parts guy is selling been a while sense I've been on his sight . But I did talk to my part guy today. Sometime between 17 and now the diff has gone threw the roof. Last one bought was in May of 16 for 650$. Now my cost is 1100 and that was with a 300$ discount. So if you can find the parts it will be cheaper to rebuild than to buy new. Wasn't worth 450 to rebuild one before when they was 650 new.

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
It happens to us all. I looked up a part for x3 rear diff that I knew was going bad a yr ago and it wasn't available for purchase. Then when time came couple weeks ago I ordered a new box 3200$. The day it came in I found out that you could buy the part I needed for 350$. Now that was a costly mistake.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts