Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2013 can cam commander and am due for rear u joints. What do you guys recommend putting in? I’ve seen cross reference of different brands but didn’t know what’s best. Is it a good idea to go ahead and do the front as well and how difficult is it?
thank you.

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
Front comes apart same as rear. Have to unbolt the diff and roll it forward to get enough room to removed yoke from pinion shaft. Factory are the best but they aren't cheap. I used the spicers in the rear they lasted close to factory. Fronts could last twice as long as the rear depending how much time you spend in 4wd and or where you ride. Lots of water they won't last as long as a dry climate.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front comes apart same as rear. Have to unbolt the diff and roll it forward to get enough room to removed yoke from pinion shaft. Factory are the best but they aren't cheap. I used the spicers in the rear they lasted close to factory. Fronts could last twice as long as the rear depending how much time you spend in 4wd and or where you ride. Lots of water they won't last as long as a dry climate.

Okay, thank you. I drive in a decent amount of water and spend a decent amount of time plowing snow so I’ll probably just do them all while I’m there. Is the front the same size as the rear?

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
No they are different and Spicer doesn't have them available for front just the rear .

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
is 5-1503 or 5-1503X the spicer number? Do these fit my 2011 too? I need to do at least my rears.

do you have a part number/brand for the fronts?

·
Administrator
27,029 Posts
Front precision 821

X is what I bought but don't think there's a difference in the two.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Thanks. I can still drive it but can feel the slack by hand. Just got to make time to change them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013 can cam commander and am due for rear u joints. What do you guys recommend putting in? I’ve seen cross reference of different brands but didn’t know what’s best. Is it a good idea to go ahead and do the front as well and how difficult is it?
thank you.
Thanks. I can still drive it but can feel the slack by hand. Just got to make time to change them.
I found for my 2015 it was cheaper to buy the whole rear driveshaft than 2 u joints?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts