Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fuel pump, oil, and spark plugs changed. Grease fittings next. I do have a question. When i removed the interior black skins, the taped on foam inside of them fell off. Are the just for noise or are the for vibration? Should i bother trying to replace them? My experience with 4 wheelers tells me no. Thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fuel pump, oil, and spark plugs changed. Grease fittings next. I do have a question. When i removed the interior black skins, the taped on foam inside of them fell off. Are the just for noise or are the for vibration? Should i bother trying to replace them? My experience with 4 wheelers tells me no. Thoughts?
The canams tend to put out a lot of heat in the cab. Many of us have added thermal insulation to keep the cab cooler, but that is optional for sure.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I would think that they're there for both heat and sound suppression. I've replaced some of mine with similar material that I had on hand, and just left others bare. I wonder how effective it actually is (at least the original stuff), as I didn't notice the pieces were off until I pulled the panels for something else, or smelled it smoking while laying on the exhaust pipe. If you're getting the buggy up and running to sell, I probably wouldn't bother replacing it. If it's a keeper for you, and you live and ride in a warm area, I'd probably replace them with something. Console heat and noise is a common complaint on this forum. Veteran member Troy came up with a console cover to further minimize those issues, and those covers are popular. People often pay tens of thousands for them if they can find them. I once saw 2 women engaged in a mud wrestling match over a well worn example. It wasn't pretty........but I couldn't stop watching.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am in FL, going to try it with out heat shield material. Gotta replace a tire, besides that its all back together, running good. And i need to pick some doors, factory mesh is done. Time in the field will see whats next. Until then, is there any good way to clear up the full front windshield? I've cleaned it but didn't know if there were any helpful tricks?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts