Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys like the post says im looking for some part numbers for a new belt for my 2013 commander 1000 XT I only have 145 miles and I think I ruined it pulling out a 3/4 ton chevy that was stuck. it now jerks at take off once going is fine but shakes and jerks at first engagement. I did a search on ebay and one belt I came up with was a Gates PN# 30G3750 but once I did a fitment of the part number on amazon it says the belt will not fit? so any help would be great thanks.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
X2

I have done so much for so long with so little I am now qualified to do everything with nothing.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Call Seth at Hicklin Power Sports he will hook you up. Got my belt way below my local dealers price.

Hicklin Power Sports
3160 SE Grimes BLVD Suite 700
Grimes, IA 50111

Tue-Fri: 9:00AM-6:00PM Sat: 9:00AM-4:00PM Sun-Mon: Gone Riding!

Phone: (515) 986-4880

Email: [email protected]

Hicklin Powersports located in Grimes, Iowa,Iowa's Premiere Dealer for New or Used: Yamaha, Can-Am, Aprilia, Sea-Doo, and Ski-Doo products
What price shipped to your door?

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
You need to call him. To get a price or send him a pm.

I have done so much for so long with so little I am now qualified to do everything with nothing.

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
Do the mav belt , every one that runs it is happy with it . Pricy but good , at the dealers up here 170.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just put the Mav belt on this weekend. Scrubbed the sheaves with scotchbrite and installed the belt. I like it , seems much smoother for some reason.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mav Belt

Just put the Mav belt on this weekend. Scrubbed the sheaves with scotchbrite and installed the belt. I like it , seems much smoother for some reason.
Whats the purpose of scrubbing the sheaves? And may I ask a stupid question what are the sheaves? Is that like the ribs on the inside of the belt?

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Sheaves are clutch halves. Inspect them blow the dust out put the belt on and let it rip.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Whats the purpose of scrubbing the sheaves? And may I ask a stupid question what are the sheaves? Is that like the ribs on the inside of the belt?
To get any old belt residue off . You want a clean surface for the new belt to mate up with. Hit them with scotch brite. Use a little brake cleaner on a rag, dont spray it into the one way, and wipe the sheaves . Install new belt and go.

I thought my original was going as it was squealing like mad when I decelerated so I took it apart. The stock belt with 900 miles looked perfect.

I started it up with out the belt and as soon as I let off the gas it squealed. Found my bolt backed out of my Yosh exhaust that holds the spark arrester in and the core was loose in the muffler. Not sure why it made the weird sound but it stopped when I bolted her back up.

Really like the Mav belt though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just blew my second belt at 250 miles. I have babied this thing since the last replacement. First broke at less than 50 miles.

What makes the Maverick belt so much better? Also can I drive the hell out of it with the Mav Belt or what?

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I just blew my second belt at 250 miles. I have babied this thing since the last replacement. First broke at less than 50 miles.

What makes the Maverick belt so much better? Also can I drive the hell out of it with the Mav Belt or what?
2 blown belts with only 250 miles sounds like you have other issues going on for that to happen. Sounds like warranty issues with your CVT.

·
Registered
16 Posts

2 blown belts with only 250 miles sounds like you have other issues going on for that to happen. Sounds like warranty issues with your CVT.
Problem is they didn't want to warranty it the first time. Isn't the Warranty only 6 months, I have had it for 10 months? I just pulled it apart and there wasn't much left to even call a belt. It cracked the cover about 10 inches and broke a piece inside the cover.

I'm gonna fix it and get rid of it for something not belt driven. I bought it to use, not just drive.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
The mav belt is Kevlar belted. OEM belt is nylon. Big difference in strength. Need to check the clutch sheaves to make sure they are in alignment. Do not baby it. When you take off do just that drive it like you stole it. And if your going to be running slow speed use low range but again don't baby it at take off. Mash the pedal at take off then back out of it to desired speed.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,066 Posts

Problem is they didn't want to warranty it the first time. Isn't the Warranty only 6 months, I have had it for 10 months? I just pulled it apart and there wasn't much left to even call a belt. It cracked the cover about 10 inches and broke a piece inside the cover.

I'm gonna fix it and get rid of it for something not belt driven. I bought it to use, not just drive.
What kind and what year/color you have. How much you want for it

1 - 20 of 89 Posts