Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 commander Ltd and just recently it has started slipping and and making a clicking noise as I’m going down hill. The engine holds back and then let’s go for just a second when it slips and then hold back again. Has anyone had this issue before? Just wondering if it it a simple fix or a dealer fix.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
My guess: Look at numbers 19, 23 and 24 in this diagram. They may need to be cleaned and relubed with isoflex grease. 2013 Can-Am COMMANDER LTD 1000 Transmission | Part Shark

Its also possible that one or more of those pieces need to be replaced. It’s pretty simple to get to that part of the clutch.

If you've never done so, its also a pretty good time to replace the one way bearings #20 with the ones from uatv-tech.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess: Look at numbers 19, 23 and 24 in this diagram. They may need to be cleaned and relubed with isoflex grease. 2013 Can-Am COMMANDER LTD 1000 Transmission | Part Shark

Its also possible that one or more of those pieces need to be replaced. It’s pretty simple to get to that part of the clutch.

If you've never done so, its also a pretty good time to replace the one way bearings #20 with the ones from uatv-tech.com
Thank you so much for the information. I’ll definitely give it a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you smoked the belt? Could be flat spots on the belt.
I have smelled the belt a little but never really smoked it bad. It may be the issue though. It only has about 100 miles in it. We only use it around the farm. If it was to be flat spots on the belt, what belt would you recommend to replace it with? I have heard in the past that the Maverick belt is better.

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts

It will not kick back in if the clutch kicks out unless you throttle it back up to engagement rpm. So guessing something else is going on. Down hill with springs and cups out you can run 55 mph at idle down hill. But if you hit throttle it engages till you get back down to just above the engagement rpm. So I would guess bad belt out clutch halves are slipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will not kick back in if the clutch kicks out unless you throttle it back up to engagement rpm. So guessing something else is going on. Down hill with springs and cups out you can run 55 mph at idle down hill. But if you hit throttle it engages till you get back down to just above the engagement rpm. So I would guess bad belt out clutch halves are slipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I’ll check it out. If it is a bad belt will it show when I remove it or could it be slipping and not show any signs?

·
Super Moderator
24,084 Posts
If it’s under the wear limits you would have to measure it to see it. It could be glazed over . If it looks glazed take some scotchbrite and clean the glaze off then wash it clean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it’s under the wear limits you would have to measure it to see it. It could be glazed over . If it looks glazed take some scotchbrite and clean the glaze off then wash it clean.
Alright, I really appreciate the info. I’ll probably tackle it this weekend. Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts