Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
i started using ws2 & royal purple several years back in rear diff. & transmission ,it helped to reduce gear noise about 25%, last fluid change with redline heavy shock & ws2 reduced noise about 50% after running a few miles. noise is still audible above 30 mph but at least it's tolerable .nature of the beast on older machines.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Watch where your putting the Ams Oil folks. If any of the old diff runners has anyone capable backlash/spacing of the diff can reduce the noise considerably along with the use of the ws2 is a definite metal to metal conditioner!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i started using ws2 & royal purple several years back in rear diff. & transmission ,it helped to reduce gear noise about 25%, last fluid change with redline heavy shock & ws2 reduced noise about 50% after running a few miles. noise is still audible above 30 mph but at least it's tolerable .nature of the beast on older machines.
Who makes a good WS2 product to buy and where can I get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
That amount for the first change and then half for subsequent changes. Don't put it in the engine or front diff, just the gearbox and rear diff.

"How many teaspoons are there in the DZ bottle?" I don't know. It's an ounce but its a weight ounce instead of a volume one. I've used it in the gearbox and rear diff twice and mixed some into grease for various things and still have over half of the bottle. I also used some in powder form as a dry lube when rebuilding my primary clutch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts