Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Can Am Commander out of the blue just started cutting out when it got hot. Everything pointed to a fuel pump which I replaced with a quantum fuel pump and it ran good for awhile. About a month later the UVT started doing the same thing after about 3 miles. I decided to take it to the local dealer and they said the pump wasn’t holding the required pressure. I have since replaced the pump and fuel regulator and now the UVT is very sluggish when I accelerate. Any ideas on what is causing this and possible fixes?
Thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
Did you put in another Quantam pump? Was the regulator a Quantam? If so, I believe it regulates at 43 psi.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
213 Posts
The new quantum pumps have a 58+ psi regulator. So they are definitely sufficient if its one of those. I've used a few of them with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
25,678 Posts
The new quantum pumps have a 58+ psi regulator. So they are definitely sufficient if its one of those. I've used a few of them with no issues.
Then maybe you should post up the part number of the one you are using. Many have been bought just in the last yr or so and the machines wouldn't run due to insufficient pressure.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I put one in my mav but couldn’t use the pressure regulator as it was too low . I got lucky as my old regulator was still good . My old one is holding at 51 psi . Those guys need to quit sending low pressure ones out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: acefire

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
213 Posts
Now I will add these are for the outlander and renneys. Not for the commander one the ones I have done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts