Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big picture my 2011 will barely move, doesn't sound right, smells funny and isn't throwing a CEL. Read on for the long story.

Go to leave for HM trails and go to load it on the trailer. It develops miss at all rpm's, no codes. Hope it's just old fuel cause the fuel is 6+ months old. On the way there top it off with fresh fuel (3/4 tank of mid grade) and toss a little seafoam in. Take it off the trailer and it's already running better. The more I ride, the better it runs. So I put 165 miles of trail riding on it in 3 days, ran through a whole tank of fuel +, no issues, washed it off, next morning put it on the trailer. No problems. Day later, take it off the trailer park it in the garage. Couple days later it's in limp mode, engine light on. Get it warmed up and light goes off and it's out of limp mode but has all the problems listed.

It sounds bad, kinda like running on one cylinder but not quite. Not really a miss, just struggling and like hitting a rev limiter or fuel issue.
Smells funny, like bad exhaust smell
Will rev up in park but will only rev to ~2000 rpms when in gear. Due to this will barely move. It kinda sounds like it's hitting a rev limiter there, popping and banging.
No CEL, no message on the dash
Sometimes it will get up to 3-4k rpms but only for a second or 2.

Would like to exhaust all my home remedies before going to the dealer. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Change out your spark plugs as your first step .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts