Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble with my commander overheating, took it to the dealership to get fixed, changed thermostat and it cost me $432.00. Had it out for a run yesterday and after running her at 70 km for awhile the temperature bar was at 6. Don't want to bring it back to dealer because they will try and burn me again. What temperature does the thermostat open at and will my bike go into limp mode before it overheats?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Yes it will go into limp mode before it completely overheats. Did they check to
Make sure your radiator is truly clean from and back? Check your overflow bottle and pop the radiator cap when it’s cold and make sure they are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I wonder if the impeller could be bad on the water pump?

Steve

·
Super Moderator
24,076 Posts
Well the manual says one thing and my gauges say another . My fan on gauge number 2 comes on at 215 and shuts off at 205. With fan over ride it ran around 175 to 190 depending on ambient temperature.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
When the dealer changed out the Stat they might not of got all the air out of the system . I would do the ole canam burping and wash the rad out very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. Changed the radiator cap (since it was easy and reasonable) and also bled the system several times, and the 3rd or 4th bleeding has yielded no more overheating!

Jerry

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here you go.
cannedham always posts nice images, in more ways than one.:grin
I had an '07 Outlander Max 650XT that overheated once when the radiator fins got plugged with mud. It went into limp mode. Cleaned it out good, but it would still overheat. Ended up replacing the radiator and no more overheating. I read back then that once the radiator overheats, the channels in the radiator swell and don't allow air to pass thru the radiator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts