Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a vin check and everything said found but none.that was for all records on it.even on the owner part.shouldnt it showed up all original owners? Not even a sales record.i dont understand it.any ideas to this?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think he is saying that he did a VIN search, and the search recognized the VIN as valid, but provided little to no information as to previous ownership, at least.
To KevinOhio-
I don't know what VIN search you used, but they are not always accurate. I currently own a truck that I bought new. It got totalled in the parking lot where I lived. There was a full police report on it. I bought it back from my insurance company, so they had record of it also. I did a VIN search on it a few years later, just for curiosity's sake. Nothing.
Anyway, why not start with whoever you bought it from, and go from there. Corporate BRP should know at least to what dealer the machine originally went. Then that dealer should have some record. Don't know if BRP would be willing to give you that info. If not, maybe tell them you suspect it's stolen.:cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he is saying that he did a VIN search, and the search recognized the VIN as valid, but provided little to no information as to previous ownership, at least.
To KevinOhio-
I don't know what VIN search you used, but they are not always accurate. I currently own a truck that I bought new. It got totalled in the parking lot where I lived. There was a full police report on it. I bought it back from my insurance company, so they had record of it also. I did a VIN search on it a few years later, just for curiosity's sake. Nothing.
Anyway, why not start with whoever you bought it from, and go from there. Corporate BRP should know at least to what dealer the machine originally went. Then that dealer should have some record. Don't know if BRP would be willing to give you that info. If not, maybe tell them you suspect it's stolen.:cool:
Thats just it didnt come back stolen and also no insurance claims.everything checked out with a green check mark.it all came back like that.even owner history.im thinking it never has been titled to why that is.i got a bill of sale from guy i bought it from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts