Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my commander used and been noticing the clutch hasnt been engaging above 1900 and more rpm.im thinking previouse owner might have instaled a clutch kit.because from what i have read engagement is less than that from factory.anyways i want a lower engagment spring.more like the 1650 rpm one because i do alot of low speed driving.who all makes the low rpm ones and there part numbers?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a spring from those guys. I simply wanted a smoother engagement and take off. It works flawlessly. I took fine sandpaper to both faces of both clutches and cleaned/smoothed them up and I have never had a chatter or rough engagement since. Best mod I've ever done. However, for those who want the vehicle to leave hard for racing, etc., this is not what you want. But for all around use, best thing you can do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a spring from those guys. I simply wanted a smoother engagement and take off. It works flawlessly. I took fine sandpaper to both faces of both clutches and cleaned/smoothed them up and I have never had a chatter or rough engagement since. Best mod I've ever done. However, for those who want the vehicle to leave hard for racing, etc., this is not what you want. But for all around use, best thing you can do.
Thats what i want for mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts