Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what oem part numbers will fit? need to rebuild final drive. Seems rebuild kits discontinued for 2011xt

just need ring and pinion gear

·
Super Moderator
26,003 Posts
There are no more ring and pinions for the 11-12-13 models. The discontinued them when they finally came out with a updated rear diff. The new diff bolts right in. But no clue if the ring and pinion are usable in the older housing. But by the time you rebuild that one you would have had over 400$ in that hand grenade. New diff between 650 and 700 depend on how much you dealer cares for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's 10 tooth pinion and 36 tooth ring

i have read before that the gears are the same just housing different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found caampartsguy is making kits that fit for other models ad 2011 1000. I do not know the part numbers the gears are still made just not for sale for the early models.

thanks for the input

·
Super Moderator
26,003 Posts
He sales a kit to put a mav diff in the commander. Haven't seen anything else other than the new upgraded diff. He does sale it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1447 CANAM G2 REAR DIFFERENTIAL RING & PINION GEAR SET

there is still one more in stock there

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I would call him before I ordered. And like Ace said, it's still almost half the cost of a whole new diff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it all together. Feels tight no noise or heat. Thanks for the advice.

Front diff not working now. Actuator engages. Wheels off ground the front prop shaft spins when wheels turn but can grab it and stop shaft with wheels still turning. no grinding though.

·
Super Moderator
26,003 Posts
Grab the right front axle inner cv cup and pull out with your hand. If you can the tip is broke off the end of the cup. And that would be why diff isn't working. Or it could just not be seated fully.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts