Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading all over about different experiences with a 2" highlifter lift and doing 2" spacer all the way around. I wanted to post to see if it is truly worth it. We have a completely stock 2016 commander max and have been playing with the idea for quite some time. We are mostly trail riders/hunters. I was hoping to see if anyone has any before and after pictures as well as any information regarding possible failures due to the lift and spacers? I have heard specifically that bearings will need to be replaced much faster with this setup, is that true? Any information that you may have would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I went a slightly different route but very similar to what you are thinking about doing... I installed 1.5" wide spacers (limited by trailer width clearance) and they have been bulletproof. There's no indication they are negatively effecting any bearings yet as far as I can tell... They do help a lot with the stance of the SXS, and quite a bit with stability IMHO... I also lifted mine 2.5" ( I think it's 2.5", maybe 2") using the Racertech lift and then set the springs at the 2nd softest setting available... I didn't need lift as much as I wanted a softer ride, and it seemed to work relatively well... The Racertech kit has stout brackets, is easy to install, and adjustable for height by cranking up or down the collar on each shock... I don't have specific before/after pics but here's a few that might be worth a look... It's not a MAX, but an XT... Mine is mostly a trail rider on Colorado Mountain
trails...

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
The lift is always a good thing if you need the ground clearance for getting over obstacles or trying to get through deep snow. I have been a spacer fan because of the tight trails we ride.

smd, have never seen tire chains on a SxS. We just air down and float when we ride snow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the information. I guess my main concern with going with spacers is that these machines are already pretty wide in comparison to an ATV. I was concerned that throwing the extra width on the machine would make it difficult to fit on most trails (Obviously all trails are different). But at the same time, I sure would like to have a nicer stance on my commander and if getting the spacers in conjunction with the lift is what most people do, then I will probably give it a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts