Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help. After driving for a while speedometer will start reading "0" and in a bit the DPS will stop working. If pressed it will go into limp mode. If you shut it off for a while and let it cool down it will run fine until it warms up again. I have changed the sensor with a new one and get the same result. Took it to the dealer to pull the P0501 Speed sensor code that the main computer and the DPS system registered as a fault.

I'll take and try any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
You might try disconnecting and cleaning (disconnect battery first) the connectors at the ECM and the DPS. In the '13 service manual, it describes a pink wire (terminal 9) as VSS input at the guage cluster. This wire is not described in the '11 service manual. It is not shown in the schematics for either year at the guage cluster (gotta love it). If this separate signal wire does in fact exist, and it's continuity is compromised, maybe the VSS is good, yet this signal is lost to the speedo and DPS. Assuming you didn't replace VSS with something aftermarket.
guage wires.jpg guage wires2.jpg guage wires3.jpg

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Maybe you could check/clean the connector at the guage cluster also. See if there is a pink wire there at pin #9.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts