Can-Am Commander Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't know alot about fuel injection but why not get bigger injectors for your big bore. Only bad thing is might b to much fuel on low end. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't know alot about fuel injection but why not get bigger injectors for your big bore. Only bad thing is might b to much fuel on low end. Any suggestions?
Thats what I'm wondering, would bigger injectors help?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The 1180 kit is $1600 plus a $600 core for the jugs unless you send yours in first. I called today.

·
Registered
370 Posts
No, the 1180 kit is $1800, with no core charge. We use our own cores for the 1180, so it comes with new jug castings.

·
Registered
159 Posts
sorry for the misinformation Greg, I support you and what you do so just trying to help get the word out.

·
Registered
738 Posts
What are people running for fuel management with these kits ?

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
What are people running for fuel management with these kits ?
Refer to post #80 guess that means still can get the power to the ground. With out a complete fuel management system to by pass/ do away with the factory ecm. Motec and several others. Very pricey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Im thinking there is not much happening with commanders, only outys and renegades.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
How did you get passed the throttle by wire throttle body?

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
There is a marine system out there somewhere that is throttle by wire and it was one of the cheapest controllers I found like 1800$ but can't remember what brand it was. I thought I had it saved in the fav's in the computer but can't find it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
370 Posts
The best thing to do is to install an aftermarket ecu, & install a regular cable tb. Then run regular Autometer style gauges, & you're good.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Geesh, what a nightmare... Just read this whole thread... Weren't computers supposed to make life easier...? Seems a lot more complicated than ever if you ask me...

·
Registered
370 Posts
We are now working on an aftermarket ecu that'll control the car, simply replace the stock ecu with this one. This one is completely programmable, so we don't have all these safeguards in there.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts