·
Registered
63 Posts
im still interested

Is this a closed case?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mr.RPM.....Any update on a big HP kit for our commanders? Seems like everyone has big bore/stroker kits for the other brands.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The main problem is there's no way to cheaply hold the throttle open. I have the parts, but parts won't make power with the throttle closed, or partially closed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
this is probably a dumb idea becuase I don't know a lot about it but would it be possible to leave the tps in place to fool the computer and run a cable to operate the throttle body. I am thinking along the lines of the cable run kiehen carbs that have a tps to tell the CDI where the throttle position is.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Is it possible to just switch over to outlander trottle body and cable? I know people have talked about it, but has anyone done it succesfully?

·
Registered
370 Posts
You can just install a MoTeC ecu, but that is cost prohibitive for most.

Doing away with the shaft saver is easy, just no one wants to pay the cost for doing so, since there is no easy & cheap way of doing it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I installed Motec on mine and found the Marine ECU can control drive by wire throttle, on my freind Commander we are using Vipec.
I can tell you this, Commander is the XP killer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Motec

It just seems stupid to spend $3700 on a Motec. We should all band together and petition BRP.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those big companies will not look to our point like what we do, they are manufacturers and we are the end users, we need to play and they need to make profits, they might have some rules or something else up their sleeve just to make more money from the end users, release the Commander, then they solve the problems with new model call it ABC, have slightly problems and then release some parts to the market to solve the previouse problems and keep you paying them and so on, it is a big game in my opinion.
You think it is stupid but some one else not agree with you. hay some people thought it is stupidity to spend 15k on toys!!
For each his own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so whats the deal with the brp boxes? what exactly do they do or not do? does anyne have one that could tell me? just wandered if it eliminated the axle saver and opened up the throttle all the way or maybe none of the above.
thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Those big companies will not look to our point like what we do, they are manufacturers and we are the end users, we need to play and they need to make profits, they might have some rules or something else up their sleeve just to make more money from the end users, release the Commander, then they solve the problems with new model call it ABC, have slightly problems and then release some parts to the market to solve the previouse problems and keep you paying them and so on, it is a big game in my opinion.
You think it is stupid but some one else not agree with you. hay some people thought it is stupidity to spend 15k on toys!!
For each his own.
I'll make you a deal, you show us pictures, videos, and a dyno sheet to show how nasty your commander is and I will retract my stupidty statement. AND i will buy a Motec. Until then ........:icon_ worthless:

·
Registered
63 Posts
so whats the deal with the brp boxes? what exactly do they do or not do? does anyne have one that could tell me? just wandered if it eliminated the axle saver and opened up the throttle all the way or maybe none of the above.
thanks
I have the K&T box, it disables the axle saver 98%. the other cool thing is that it turns the fan on a lot sooner and gives you more rpm. Def worth it. But, it will not help you if you want to add cams, or a big bore.

·
Registered
99 Posts
For each his own.
I'll make you a deal, you show us pictures, videos, and a dyno sheet to show how nasty your commander is and I will retract my stupidty statement. AND i will buy a Motec. Until then ........:icon_ worthless:
For sure bud, ill do that for u. :)
Ill start with some pictures tonigh and next week it will be on the dyno.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Has any progress been made with the BBK yet?

61 - 80 of 105 Posts