Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new to the forum, but I've been doing a lot of reading, some says a flash will work, some says it won't, i have the motor here to swap into my bike, what I'm trying to figure out is what it'll take to make it run correctly before I jump into it. I have my stock ecm for the 18 800, but I also have the ecm for the 1000 maverick. Can I have someone just flash the mav ecu and turn off the dps, which mine don't have, and the knock sensors? Or better off to have my ecu tuned? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to revisit this thread, I never got any input, so I decided to pull the trigger and do the swap, I did indeed get the 1k maverick motor in last night, she fired right up. I did swap in a maverick ecm, and did away with the knock sensors. Only code im seeing right now is a 02 sensor code, which says the 02s are swaped.... which isn't physically possible. I'm gonna run it a lil today and see what I end up with. Also have a check dps, but that's a simple disable.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

As you can see in the pics on the brackets the maverick cylinders are definitely taller.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The Commander 1000 cylinders would be taller, too. I read somewhere before that the 800 and 1000 have the same bore, but the 1000 has a longer stroke, thus producing more torque.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
The Commander 1000 cylinders would be taller, too. I read somewhere before that the 800 and 1000 have the same bore, but the 1000 has a longer stroke, thus producing more torque.
100% true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got it up and running decent had to swap injector plugs from what the 800 was to get the skip out..., everything was a pretty much basic bolt up, my exhaust actually worked, gonna take it out tonight for a ride and see how it all goes. Gotta get it flashed for the limiters and all, but all seems pretty good. Will report back after ride.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it out last night, bike ran amazing, super happy with the end result, I did do a small set of drop in cams, Mr rpm valve covers and water necks, it now handles the 40s like they aren't even there. So end result you can indeed put a mav motor in a commander with the commander harness, with the maverick ecm, and it all run, I had to only swap the injector plugs, and did away with the knock sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well to revisit this thread, I never got any input, so I decided to pull the trigger and do the swap, I did indeed get the 1k maverick motor in last night, she fired right up. I did swap in a maverick ecm, and did away with the knock sensors. Only code im seeing right now is a 02 sensor code, which says the 02s are swaped.... which isn't physically possible. I'm gonna run it a lil today and see what I end up with. Also have a check dps, but that's a simple disable.
So it was a success I also want to do swap between my mav and commander

1 - 9 of 9 Posts