Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 commander 800xt. Wide Open Company cab. 2.5" lift. Tracks.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had excellent reliability out of my '14 800xt(except for the brake sensor that has went out 7-8 times) and have decided to rebuild most of the parts that move.

I am replacing/upgrading driveshaft u-joints, both differentials, all axles, exhaust pipe, muffler, clutch kit and one way bearing, starter, ball joints, all suspension bushings and bearings, all wheel bearings, water pump, brake pads, all shocks, and tie rods. Once I got tearing it apart I realized many parts were in worse shape than thought. On top of that I will be wrapping the exhaust, lining the console, building an aluminum flatbed and roof rack. Am I forgetting about anything? I really do not want to have to take this thing apart again when I could have changed it quite easily now.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Great post. 10,000 miles, wow! I wonder who else has that kind of mileage or more? I like your top. I have the same one but I went with yellow on top and black on the sides. Good luck on your rebuild. Might be a good time for some aftermarket water necks/valve covers. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Keep us posted. 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great post. 10,000 miles, wow! I wonder who else has that kind of mileage or more? I like your top. I have the same one but I went with yellow on top and black on the sides. Good luck on your rebuild. Might be a good time for some aftermarket water necks/valve covers. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Keep us posted. 👍
I just rolled over 14,000 with my 2012 1000X. And that's not on flat terrain. Just had to replace the rear trans this year (and normal wear parts), but other than that, it's going strong. What a beast!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts