Commander SwifTrac Front Diff! - No more Visco-Lok Slip - Can-Am Commander Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Official Site Vendor

Commander SwifTrac Front Diff! - No more Visco-Lok Slip

Commander SwifTrac Front Differential

Now you can have an instant locking front differential without the Visco-Lok engagement and diff slip.

Here's a link: https://www.superatv.com/can-am-comm...t-differential

Here's the details:

Traction When You Need It

SuperATVís SwifTrac differential is the locking front differential your Can-Am Commander needs. It gives you the traction you need instantly. With SwifTrac, thereís no more spinning your tires when you get stuck. This complete differential comes fully assembledóJust remove your Visco-Lok differential and bolt on SwifTrac. Fill it with oil and get rolling.

Why You Need to Ditch Visco-Lok

Can-Amís stock Visco-Lok differential is not the locking differential you want. When you get stuck, your wheels need to spin at least one full rotation before the clutch pack will engage and lock the diff with Visco-Lok. By then, youíve already lost your momentum and then the diff can slip.

SwifTrac Uses a Sprague Carrier

SwifTrac utilizes a Sprague carrier and an electronically controlled magnet to engage and disengage four-wheel drive. With four-wheel drive engaged, this differential uses the Sprague carrier to lock instantly as soon as tractionís needed and unlock when itís not. No wind up and no delay. You can cruise through trails at full speed and get torque to the front tire that needs it most instead of spinning your wheels. You donít have to think about it, it just works.

Maintain momentum as you ride instead of getting stuck and waiting for your Visco-Lok differential lock to engage. Itís the Visco-Lok replacement differential youíve been waiting for.

Complete Bulletproof Assembly

When you buy SwifTrac, you get everything you need to get riding. It comes complete with gears, hubs, bearings, seals, hardware, and everything else you need all preinstalled. The only thing missing is oil and your UTV. Itís made with top-of-the-line materials like chromoly steel gears and a hardened 7075 aluminum Sprague to ensure top notch performance on every trail.
Fitment

• Can-Am Commander : 2013+
  • Can-Am Commander Max : 2014+
Features

• Instant locking front differential
  • Complete front differential assembly
  • Dashboard 4WD toggle switch
  • Utilizes Sprague carrier for diff locking

SuperATV Official Website
10% Forum Member Discount On Any Purchase up to $400.00
Just enter CANAMFORUM code at checkout! No mulitple forum coupon codes accepted.
Follow us on Facebook: SuperATV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 11:35 AM

Why would this not fit a 2011 or 2012 model?

Also, the locker switch - is this in addition to the stock 4wd switch? Does the stock 4wd switch give you 3wd and the locker switch then lock the diff into full 4wd (similar to yamahas 2 switch locker)?
acefire likes this.

2011 1000XT

Last edited by slowindown; 08-08-2019 at 11:50 AM.
post #3 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Should work in 11/19 commander and 13/17 Maverik if it works in 13 to current commander. What are we missing??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowindown View Post
Why would this not fit a 2011 or 2012 model?

Also, the locker switch - is this in addition to the stock 4wd switch? Does the stock 4wd switch give you 3wd and the locker switch then lock the diff into full 4wd (similar to yamahas 2 switch locker)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acefire View Post
Should work in 11/19 commander and 13/17 Maverik if it works in 13 to current commander. What are we missing??

Good question on the fitment. I'll have to dig into that. It may be a size/fitment issue with the actual housing in the frame location...but, I'll have to find out for sure tomorrow and I'll bring this back up.

@slowindown
This would completely replace the stock differential and the visco-lok 3wd. When you hit the button, you're in full 4wd.

I hate to say this because I'm sure I'll catch some hell...but, its going to act, perform, and feel just like a popo differential.

SuperATV Official Website
10% Forum Member Discount On Any Purchase up to $400.00
Just enter CANAMFORUM code at checkout! No mulitple forum coupon codes accepted.
Follow us on Facebook: SuperATV

Last edited by SuperATV; 08-09-2019 at 10:19 AM.
post #5 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

So itís three wheel till you hit the diff lock switch then it becomes a popo reactive still diff??
post #6 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperATV View Post

@slowindown
This would completely replace the stock differential and the visco-lok 3wd. When you hit the button, you're in full 4wd. .
Look back at my question. I donít think we are communicating. The ad you posted says what you summarized above.

Iím pretty sure youíre not deleting the factory 4wd switch as it causes a servo to slide a locking ring onto a shaft connected to the front driveshaft. So what Iím asking is, what happens when you flip the factory 4wd switch? That is, do you get just a locked front driveshaft and nothing happens in the diff so that it stays in 2wd but with power from the gearbox thru the front driveshaft? Or does it go into 3wd like the halo front diff, which I assume has similar workings - and then you lock it in true 4wd with the new superatv switch?

2011 1000XT
post #7 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
So it’s three wheel till you hit the diff lock switch then it becomes a popo reactive still diff??
Not familiar with the popo diff. I’m assuming this is similar to a halo, which I thought was 2,3 or 4wd? But not sure based on ad and response.

2011 1000XT
post #8 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 05:00 PM

I assume they are using a Hillard locking front differential. Polaris uses Hilliard. This link will get you a pdf on it from Hilliard.

FDS-1 Auto Locking Front Differential for On-Demand Four Wheel Drive
acefire and slowindown like this.
post #9 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

sprag bearing carrier . Thatís the plastic piece in a popo diff that breaks and the upgrade is a billet carrier. The itís spring loaded roller bearings like in a automatic transmission. The automatic transmission sprag bearings are a oneway bearing . The popo uses same style bearing but it locks up when turning either direction. Only down fall is if going forward and you stop to reverse it actually unlocks then locks back up once under power. The plastic carriers are bad about busting when the front end wheel hops or if you slams them into rear and lay the throttle to it. When they are locked they are locked . It will pull you from side to side which ever tire is getting the most traction. Same as the easy button/ diff lock on the rhino. Goo for crawling and mud but not so much at higher speeds .
post #10 of 18 Old 08-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowindown View Post
Quote:
So itís three wheel till you hit the diff lock switch then it becomes a popo reactive still diff??
Not familiar with the popo diff. Iím assuming this is similar to a halo, which I thought was 2,3 or 4wd? But not sure based on ad and response.

Thatís why I asked if it was 3wd if lock switch wasnít turned on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Supporting Vendors > Super ATV

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode