Built some "real" window nets out of the factory ones
I do a lot of "deep woods" riding and tired of taking branches in the face all the time...All my rzr buddies have aftermarket window nets and haven't been able to find anything out there for the commander.
Bought a pair of universal RJS window nets PN #10000201 ($18 on Summit, $24 Prime on Amazon) - These are a fairly large size as window nets go, and the closest "fit" for the commander opening.
My original harnesses were in terrible shape, couple broken plastic buckles etc, so I cut them up and stole the seat belt buckles and two straps off each one. When I cut the donor straps off, I made sure to use an area that was double-thick to rivet through. Used an adjustable buckle at the rear to be able to tension the top from the buckle in front, and a fixed one on top since the big zip ties at the bottom could tighten it up. Used a large awl and heated up the tip with a butane torch to melt rivet holes in the straps, and backed up the rivets with 3/16 washers. All rivets are through double (or triple) thick areas and are sturdy, especially after melting the holes which stiffened up the mounting areas well. Some giant zipties from harbor frieght ($1.49/10 pack) to hold the bottom to the door. If I get ambitious I'll replace these with grommetted straps to the door bolts, but probably won't bother. Initially I was going to put a rod in the bottom of the net, but found leaving it flexible with the zipties lets it flex to open the doors without issue, positioned the zipties ahead/behind door skin bolts keeps anything from being able to slide. Bolted the original latch receivers through a factory hole in the roll cage. Had them on for a month now, no more trees in the face and much happier riders!
2014 800 DPS, 2in lift, 29 Bighorns, Lights, Roof, Dirt Doors, etc. Bought an ex-farm truck and doing/did a complete rebuild.
(Sold) 2006 Rhino, 719cc stroker, ported head, cam, 13:1 on pump, billet support, HSR45, cdi, gorillas, trinity duals, 30s, HIDs, every possible motor mod to make it need rebuilding every month or two.