New Mavericks - Can-Am Commander Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By abither
  • 1 Post By skidoo-am

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

New Mavericks

Any thoughts on the new Sport Mavericks? I sat in one and like the seating position and fit and finish. I want to try out the Sport Max. You can get Smart Loc as a accessory. Itís a bummer itís not standard yet. I wasnít on the market but now have the bug.

2015 Commander Max XT
Brushed Aluminum
UTV Accessories 1/2 Shield
Can-Am Center skids
Lateral Floor Skids
ProFill Filler Neck Fuel Filter (Profill Australia)
Can-Am/Twin Air foam filter
Maverick Post Filter
Boss Blue Tooth Speaker Tube
Can-Am rear screen
BRP Rock Sliders
DragonFire Soft Top With Custom Front Bar Attachment
Garmin 64st on Velcro
Racer Tech Springs
UATV Tec One Way Bearings
On Visco Lok #3

Sold:😢2015 Maverick XXC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-11-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganvommander View Post
Any thoughts on the new Sport Mavericks? I sat in one and like the seating position and fit and finish. I want to try out the Sport Max. You can get Smart Loc as a accessory. Itís a bummer itís not standard yet. I wasnít on the market but now have the bug.

I currently have a 2015 Commander XTP two seater and with an addition to the family may be moving into a four seater this coming spring, definitely by spring 2020. I'm really liking what I see in the Mav Sport so far. I've been anxiously waiting for the release of the MAX version since my dealer mentioned it a month or so ago.

100 HP engine mounted in the rear is very nice. My Commander is a little over 80hp I beleive and being mounted between the front seats it gets quite hot riding in the summer.

The overall length looks to be very similar to a Commander MAX but it does have a longer wheelbase. Going from a two seater I really hope to get into a MAX that doesn't drive like a schoolbus.

I like the half doors included in the package and my concern over storage space in a Maverick versus Commander seems to be handled by some of the new accessories with the full truck cover and racks.

Above all, the fact that they have been able to put this into a 60 inch model is extremely important. I live in Northern Maine and the 60 inch limitation on the trails is an increasing conversation. I am very hesitant to get into anything much wider and put $20K plus into a machine I can't ride, or for that matter sell. My commander sits at 60 inches now and its a great width for the trails we ride.

I hope a local dealer gets one in soon!
Michiganvommander likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-11-2018, 10:33 AM

Hey all, I just traded my mav xxc in, I was looking at the sport but I went with the x3 base, I didn't not ride the sport but it does seem to look top heavy like the mav xxc, it all depends on the type and style of riding you do I suppose, I do more higher speed and looking for stability and handling, that being said the fact the engine is in the rear and how easy it is to change the belt is a major pro.
Michiganvommander likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode