Battery Location?? 2016 Commander Max XT - Can-Am Commander Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By plummcrazy58

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-08-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Battery Location?? 2016 Commander Max XT

Hello 1st posting. I bought a 2nd hand 2016 CanAm Commander Max XT. I can not locate the battery. I noticed some poor bloke already asked this question & all he received was a lot of abuse for not knowing where it was, told to watch a video (which I did 3 X’s), & told it’s under the steering wheel.
I have located my fuse box & my voltage regulator & my ECU. I cannot find the battery.
I have located the breathing apparatus, filter, radiator.... no battery.
WHERE THE HELL IS THE BATTERY?!
I’ve watched numerous videos & I at most see a hand waved in the general direction of the driver’s side as well as the steering wheel but no one will actually video & zoom in & point & say THIS is the battery on a 2016 CanAm Commander Max XT. Can anyone tell me exactly where the battery is located on my CanAm, please? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-08-2019, 07:07 PM

Should be right to the right of the fuse box unless someone relocated it. I donít see why it would be different in 2 or 4 seaters. A pic of mine is below. Itís not very big and itís mounted sideways, long side vertical.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5404CAF4-B8B7-4B1A-A550-2B6C546E733B.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	61061  

2011 1000XT
post #3 of 6 Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgobon View Post
Hello 1st posting. I bought a 2nd hand 2016 CanAm Commander Max XT. I can not locate the battery. I noticed some poor bloke already asked this question & all he received was a lot of abuse for not knowing where it was, told to watch a video (which I did 3 Xís), & told itís under the steering wheel.
I have located my fuse box & my voltage regulator & my ECU. I cannot find the battery.
Iíve watched numerous videos & I at most see a hand waved in the general direction of the driverís side as well as the steering wheel but no one will actually video & zoom in & point & say THIS is the battery on a 2016 CanAm Commander Max XT. Can anyone tell me exactly where the battery is located on my CanAm, please? Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowindown View Post
Should be right to the right of the fuse box unless someone relocated it. I donít see why it would be different in 2 or 4 seaters. A pic of mine is below. Itís not very big and itís mounted sideways, long side vertical.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Times two on what slowindown said in itís entirety. Yes there is some poking fun back and forth here but for the majority of the long term members there is a lot of good information here first and then some fun. While Iím not familiar with the post you speak of please donít let it sour your experience with our forum. Good luck bloke. Boog.

I may have to grow old, but you can't make me grow up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgobon View Post
Hello 1st posting. I bought a 2nd hand 2016 CanAm Commander Max XT. I can not locate the battery. I noticed some poor bloke already asked this question & all he received was a lot of abuse for not knowing where it was, told to watch a video (which I did 3 Xís), & told itís under the steering wheel.
Iíve watched numerous videos & I at most see a hand waved in the general direction of the driverís side as well as the steering wheel but no one will actually video & zoom in & point & say THIS is the battery on a 2016 CanAm Commander Max XT. Can anyone tell me exactly where the battery is located on my CanAm, please? Thank you.
Should be under the rear passenger seat. Has a plastic cover hiding it. Pull it up and there it should be.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
slowindown likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 AM

What plummcrazy said. You can download a copy of the owner's manual from BRP's website.

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-09-2019, 08:56 AM

Garage
It is under the passenger side rear seat on my 2019 max dps. Not sure if it is the same for you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > New Member Area > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode