New member intro and need help please - Can-Am Commander Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 08-14-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

I just purchased a 2012 commander 800 it has a few issues, it keeps throwing the code p2279 wich is a air intake leak. I have replaced every o-ring on the intake and resealed the airbox. The plenum isn’t cracked or leaking anywhere that I can find I have used the propane method and ether spraying the whole intake system with no change in the idling wich it won’t do unless I hold the fuel pedal halfway in. I’ve changed the mapts sensor and the throttle body, new spark plugs fresh fuel and all, and it seems as only the front cylinder is firing, the rear exhaust doesn’t get as hot as the front after idling for a few minutes but if I unplug the boot off the plug it will eat you up lol any ideas?

Last edited by Commander73088; 08-14-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 08-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Switch the plugs from front to rear and see if cold exhaust moves with the plug. You may have a faulty injector in rear cylinder casing it to flood and keep cylinder cooler. Were you able to set the throttle position sensor properly. If not it will not idle or will idle to high rpm.
post #3 of 36 Old 08-14-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

I’ve swapped the plugs coming off the coil and can’t even get it started that way, I can unplug the rear cylinder off the coil and there’s no difference it the way it runs when I get it to, not sure about setting the throttle position sensor, I have a manual on pdf and have read it pretty thorough haven’t seen anything about it unless I missed it somehow. Thanks for the response also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 08-14-2019, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

I was referring to the spark plugs . Not the wire plugs . I know you replaced them . But wouldn’t be the first time one was dead out of the box. You said you replaced the throttle body . The tps is in the throttle body. And has to be set after replacing the throttle body.
post #5 of 36 Old 08-14-2019, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Low fuel pressure will also cause your issues and throw a lean code. Which is same as air leak in the intake . You need to have 50+# at all times .
post #6 of 36 Old 08-14-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I misunderstood you, I’ll give that a try tomorrow and try and check fuel pressure also
post #7 of 36 Old 08-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander73088 View Post
I just purchased a 2012 commander 800 it has a few issues, it keeps throwing the code p2279 wich is a air intake leak. I have replaced every o-ring on the intake and resealed the airbox. The plenum isn’t cracked or leaking anywhere that I can find I have used the propane method and ether spraying the whole intake system with no change in the idling wich it won’t do unless I hold the fuel pedal halfway in. I’ve changed the mapts sensor and the throttle body, new spark plugs fresh fuel and all, and it seems as only the front cylinder is firing, the rear exhaust doesn’t get as hot as the front after idling for a few minutes but if I unplug the boot off the plug it will eat you up lol any ideas?
Welcome to the Forum, you should be able to get reliable help here.

Check out my web site
* NEW E-MAIL Address*
uatvtech[email protected]
post #8 of 36 Old 08-15-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your all’s help, sorry about the intro I’ve been working on this thing for a couple weeks. I live down in southern wv I have several ATVs and a Honda pioneer 1000-5 already couldn’t pass the deal I got on this on up.....what I read in the manual it says u have to take it to a dealer for them to hook the buds system to it to do a tps reset, is this correct?
post #9 of 36 Old 08-15-2019, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Correct and welcome from Charleston!!
post #10 of 36 Old 08-15-2019, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, my sister lives In Charleston, I myself like McDowell county much better lol
acefire likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > New Member Area > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode