Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Just Joined the Commander Family

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  gordo2050 
#1 ·
Just purchased a "new to me" 2016 Commander Limited.

Sold the Rhino and decided to step up. Wife has had 2 Can Am Spyders with the 996 and I like them both, except for the heat.

Paid a tic more that I should have, but she seems to be in good shape. Unfortunately, the seller did not have the GPS unit, so I guess I am in the market.

Anyway, I am sure I will have a boatload of questions, so be patient..please

I'm in Caldwell Idaho

Gordon

#2 ·
Welcome to you and your wife! I don’t know anything at all about Can-Am Spyders, in fact I don’t know anything about Commanders either but on the plus side, there are a bunch of folks here that do. Welcome to the family. Boog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Welcome and good luck!!! Lots of good info to search for on this forum and people to steer you in the right direction. Except booger he’s like the class clown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: acefire and JTROCKS
#4 ·
Congrats and welcome from near the east coast

#8 ·
Welcome

You won't be disappointed with your new/used Commander and you'll be glad you joined the forum. Lots of good people with good information here.

I also stepped up to a Commander this year after putting 4000 hard miles on a Rhino Clone, a 2014 Coleman/Hisun 500. Been wanting a Commander for years and finally found a deal on a 2018 Commander 800R DPS with 2" lift, roof, front xt bumper, winch, half windshield and xt fender flares.

I still have the "clone", fun to bash around on trails, but the Commander is a whole lot better ride that actually does something when you stomp on the pedal.

#9 ·
Another question..

I told y'all I'd drive ya nuts. Is the motor in the commander 1000 the same as the 996 in the street can am?

I have yet to pull panels to look at the "heart", maybe tomorrow, but I just want to learn what I can before I start digging..

Thanks

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.