Mines & Meadows 5/11 - Can-Am Commander Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-01-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Mines & Meadows 5/11

Saturday, 5/11/19 we are planning on heading to Mines & Meadows. If anyone is interested, contact me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

I'm renaming that place mines and mudholes. It was a horrible day in the woods. everyone was stuck or overheating. I actually overheated and my uncle did as well w his brand new '19 1000 limited. Thankfully, we had 2 7 gal water jugs w worx psi washers for the windshields. Those saved us. But there were quite a lot of can ams parked, waiting to cool down. It was a day of lessons. We ordered the radiator protectors and will place a fine screen on the front of those to keep most of the mud out. I ran into a couple people on can am's that did the same to theirs and said it helped.

All in all, even though it was a horribly sloppy day, noone got hurt, and nothing broke. My daughter named the mudhole on the hill climb where the power lines are "The Puddle of Dethhhhhh" hahaha

I said that we'd give them a season of riding and see if they maintain the trails. Hopefully they will bc its a 70 min drive compared to 3 1/2 hrs to majestic trails, even though that place is almost worth the drive. For a weekend camping, definitely.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2019, 03:59 PM

Good to know. I was thinking about going for the first time this year but had read that there was zero maintenance, a lack of trail marking and that the mine tour was mighty brief. Carrying water and a battery pump is the way to go. I use a small electric pump and carry a 2 gallon pressure sprayer.

2017 Commander 1000XT DPS - Mossy Oak Edition
RT Pro 2"lift (best mod)
SATV HD tie rods/Rackboss steering rack (worst mod)
Turnkey spare tire carrier
BRP trailing arm/A-arm protectors, lateral skid plates, side mirror, panoramic center mirror, headlight guards, rock sliders, half windshield, rear windscreen, sport roof, Maverick post air filter, Twin Air filter, Profill gas tank sock filter, Maverick belt, sport doors, door bags, LED light bar/roof rack.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > New Member Area > Local Rides and Events

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode