Ride Royal Blue May 2019 - Can-Am Commander Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-12-2018, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ride Royal Blue May 2019

What's up ya'll? My wife and I along with my brother and sister in laws and his parents are thinking about making a trip down to Ride Royal Blue in Tennessee in May 2019 from the great state of Iowa. I have made many trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge with my family over the last decade and we enjoy the area a lot. It's the hidden gem of the southeast. This will be our first long trip with the Commander. My in-laws also have a 38' motor home that we are thinking about using for the trip, but not sure at this point yet. Obviously I have been watching a lot of youtube videos by Fisher's ATV and Dirt Trax TV about different riding areas and so forth. But, I think we've kind of centered in on Ride Royal Blue for this trip. What advice do you have? Places to stay? We would be coming down for a full week most likely, so we should be ok on time. My wife is very new to the SxS world so don't want to scare her away from it ya know? Would it be worth it to bring motorhome with trailer behind it or just rent a cabin/hotel room for the week? It would be the time frame of May 16-31(have two weeks off from work) but not settled on the week yet.

2018 Commander 800R XT Brushed Aluminum
Kolpin Half-Windshield and Kolpin roof
SuperATV 2.5" bracket lift
Sylvania ZEVO LED headlights
Pitster Pro bump seat/harness
SuperATV low sport override
DragonFire harness bar/Kolpin Chainsaw Sleeve
Dirt Specialties half-doors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-17-2018, 02:07 PM

Royal Blue

Great place to ride. We typically go 1-3 times a yr. Royal Blue has several nice cabins, in all sizes, with numerous accommodations. Their prices are fair and of course, they are right on the trail.

Unlike the more aggressive other local orv parks (wind rock, brimstone, etc), RB has a superb variety of trails types. Some are moderate, others will destroy your machine. There are lots of options. The trails also allow access to a few small towns w/goods & services. Trail permits are required and easily obtained from several locations, not to mention via the web.

A gps is very helpful, but not required. Most stores have maps available.

Only pitfall (imo) is very few nice sit-down rest/eateries. Btw - the Mexican rest at pioneer why exit is terrible. Have seen waits of over 2hrs last couple trips. Foods good, wait sucked.

If you want more info, just let me know.

Have fun.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-26-2018, 08:18 AM

Garage
How about Hatfield McCoy trails in west virginia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-27-2018, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
We are considering Hatfield-McCoy too. They are about equal distance from us so that’s a non-issue. Been watching a lot of Fisher’s ATV world on different riding places to narrow it down. Just so many choices!

2018 Commander 800R XT Brushed Aluminum
Kolpin Half-Windshield and Kolpin roof
SuperATV 2.5" bracket lift
Sylvania ZEVO LED headlights
Pitster Pro bump seat/harness
SuperATV low sport override
DragonFire harness bar/Kolpin Chainsaw Sleeve
Dirt Specialties half-doors

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > New Member Area > Local Rides and Events

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page