Defender Lift Kit Options - Can-Am Commander Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By out west

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-14-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Defender Lift Kit Options

I'm looking at the different "mild" lift kit options (2"-3"). I've narrowed it down to these 4, and wondered if anybody out there has one of these and their thoughts?

1. Dragonfire Racing Delrin spring spacers. Price is nice, but how well does the Delrin hold up?

2. Battle Armor Designs 2" bracket lift? Anybody have this lift and their thoughts? Price is pretty good at around $100, but wondered on the quality and fitment?

3. High Lifter 2" lift kit. I like this lift. Little more expensive. The problem I have with it is it says it requires 1" wheel spacers in the back with stock wheels. This adds more $$$. I'm looking at my machine trying to imagine this kit installed. I can't see how it would rub with stock wheels, but I can't be sure. Does anybody have this lift? Did you "have" to install wheel spacers in the rear?

4. SuperATV 3" coil spring spacers. I like SuperATV stuff, and normally I would have no problem with going with this option as my number 1 option. The only problem is the 3" claimed lift puts me right on the harry edge of too much lift for my machine to fit in my toy hauler trailer. I can always let some air out of the tires if needed. So I keep it on my list for now.

I'm adding a wild card into the list as I've heard that CanAm heavy duty springs can add lift as well. I have a 2018 Defender Max HD8. What spring part numbers do I need both front and back to give me close to 2"-3" lift? Will these kill the ride quality? Also, what is the price? Not looking to break the bank to achieve this lift when there are already affordable options that do the same thing.

Thanks for any feedback from those that have these lifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-14-2019, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Doing the springs would give you lift but it would be so stiff getting that much lift you will hate it . As for the puck lifts/ coil spring spacers only preload the spring not much difference than the hd springs . Get the high lifter and spacers or after market wheels . You will be much happier with the money spent .
post #3 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefire View Post
Doing the springs would give you lift but it would be so stiff getting that much lift you will hate it . As for the puck lifts/ coil spring spacers only preload the spring not much difference than the hd springs . Get the high lifter and spacers or after market wheels . You will be much happier with the money spent .
The High Lifter lift comes with pucks to lift the front, and brackets to lift the rear. So it is kind of a hybrid of the two. The Battle Armor is brackets for both front and back, which would be really easy to install (not that the others are hard, just a little more work with pucks).

Eventually I may get different wheels, but too many other items on the "want" list that they will have to wait. And I actually like the stock wheels for now. Just hoping to get some feedback from people that might have some of these different lifts and their likes and dislikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Then you need to go with the battle armor. I personally have never heard or it . But a puck is a puck. Lots have bought them and most have sold them . Pucks are fine is you donít go over 5 mph .
post #5 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 06:39 AM

I have the High Lifter 2" kit on my 2018 Defender HD10 XT. I initially purchased just the lift thinking spacers were only required on the base Defenders. However, the spacers are required on the XT model as well. The issue is when the suspension is fully extended. The wheel will contact the spring at that point. I installed 1" spacers and everything is fine. I have driven my Defender at over 105 kpm and it rides great but I do miss my Commander 1000XT.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS460 View Post
I have the High Lifter 2" kit on my 2018 Defender HD10 XT. I initially purchased just the lift thinking spacers were only required on the base Defenders. However, the spacers are required on the XT model as well. The issue is when the suspension is fully extended. The wheel will contact the spring at that point. I installed 1" spacers and everything is fine. I have driven my Defender at over 105 kpm and it rides great but I do miss my Commander 1000XT.
Thanks for the info on the High Lifter kit. That information on the spacers was what I was looking for.
post #7 of 8 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM

I have the S3 hd springs. It gave me about 2Ē of lift. Mine still rides good. I have the hd8 max. I have seen several people running the bracket lifts like the battle armor. Several companies also make the forward arms with some built in lift that allows for bigger tires. Pcf catvos and Jake moorehead all make these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 8 Old Today, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts1122 View Post
I have the S3 hd springs. It gave me about 2” of lift. Mine still rides good. I have the hd8 max. I have seen several people running the bracket lifts like the battle armor. Several companies also make the forward arms with some built in lift that allows for bigger tires. Pcf catvos and Jake moorehead all make these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Any pictures of your machine with the S3 springs installed?
Matts1122 likes this.

Last edited by out west; Today at 07:27 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-am Defender Forums > Defender General Discussions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode