Defender LED Headlight Bulbs - Can-Am Commander Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 02-06-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Defender LED Headlight Bulbs

I just wanted to start a thread on the Defender LED headlight swap. I have been trying to research this but could not find to much info on changing to led bulbs. I just changed mine in my defender to LED's. It was really simple to do. It took me about 20 minutes. The hardest part was finding a good spot to zip tie the extra wire. The LED's come with a little extra wire with a little box on the wire that will have to be Zip tied up out of the way. Other than that it was just plug and play. I did notice on two of them that they were not working at first. All I did was unplug the bulb and spin the connector and plugged them back in and they worked perfect. The connectors can plug in two ways so if it's wrong the first time just turn it and re plug it together. The lights I got from Amazon. They are Qcheye H11 LED Headlight Bulbs. They seemed to be very well made. I am happy with them. The defender has H8 stock bulbs. H8's are the same as H9 and H11. The H11 fit just fine in the housing. They seem to be very bright but I have not used them at night yet. There is no warm up time with LED's. I have some pictures to show the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190206_134524.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	412.4 KB
ID:	59515   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190206_124348.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	59517   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190206_124659.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	59519   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190206_125441.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	59521  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 02-06-2019, 10:00 PM

Does the kit come with both high and low beams or how exactly does that work?
post #3 of 38 Old 02-06-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

LED Bulbs

Your stock headlights are all the same. They are H8 and 35W. So the kit I ordered comes with two bulbs. I just ordered two kits to receive 4 bulbs. All you do is take out the stock bulb and put in the new bulb. It is that simple. The only thing is the new LED bulbs come with a wire off of them with a little box on them that you have to stow somewhere. I just zip tied them to the frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 02-06-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuker21 View Post
Your stock headlights are all the same. They are H8 and 35W. So the kit I ordered comes with two bulbs. I just ordered two kits to receive 4 bulbs. All you do is take out the stock bulb and put in the new bulb. It is that simple. The only thing is the new LED bulbs come with a wire off of them with a little box on them that you have to stow somewhere. I just zip tied them to the frame.
Sweet thank you. The pictures look great, big improvement from stock
post #5 of 38 Old 02-06-2019, 10:37 PM

I'm curious how much brighter they are than stock while actually ridding. Please let us know once you take it for a night ride
post #6 of 38 Old 02-07-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraracer50cc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuker21 View Post
Sweet thank you. The pictures look great, big improvement from stock

Thank you I think they look pretty nice as well. I will update once I take a good night ride to how bright they are. From what I can tell so far they are quite a bit brighter.
post #7 of 38 Old 02-08-2019, 03:19 PM

Kuker21,
I cut-n-pasted your description over to Amazon, but several different options came up. Are they the ones for $29.99? Can you post a link?

Tia!
Swilly

When the knock on the door said "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" I naturally thought it was a delivery......
post #8 of 38 Old 02-09-2019, 12:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swillpig View Post
Kuker21,
I cut-n-pasted your description over to Amazon, but several different options came up. Are they the ones for $29.99? Can you post a link?

Tia!
Swilly
Kuker actually got these I believe (correct me if I'm wrong Kuker)

I actually just ordered a set tonight as well but I went with

I chose the Beamtech because I've read good reviews from other SXS owners using them especially in Can Am units. And they are half the price. They probably aren't as bright as Kuker's but that's what I have a 42" light bar for. The headlights are honestly probably going to get completely washed out by the light bar anyways and it was probably a stupid purchase on my part but at least now the color of the lights will match. I probably won't upgrade the high beams as they will definitely get washed out by the light bar and would be completely pointless as I don't use the high beams at all anymore.
post #9 of 38 Old 02-09-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Schloop those are the ones I ordered but now I'm nervous after reading the reviews. I dont think those negative reviews where there when I ordered them. Keep us posted on the Beamtech ones you ordered.
post #10 of 38 Old 02-09-2019, 07:40 AM

Schloop, you didn't go wrong with both the light bar and the LED headlights. I have the LED light bar and both high and low beams on my defender. If you ride at night on the roads your light bar is way too bright for any oncoming traffic so you have to rely on your headlights. I seldom use my light bar when riding at night, I use it mainly for plowing as the plow covers the stock headlights when raised up.

2016 Defender HD10 XT Cab
6'6" Boss "V" plow
10" Rigid LED light bar front
6" Black Oak LED light bar rear.
BRP side mirrors.
BRP panoramic mirror.
Overhead Audio system.
Dome Light.
Power dump box.
HID headlights
Rockford Fosgate Amp
Polk MM1 speakers
Some other shit I'm sure I forgot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am Commander Forum > Can-am Defender Forums > Defender General Discussions

Tags
defender headlights, led bulbs, led headlights

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode